Literally, the combination of my two favorite foods. Egg + Avocado! I love this recipe because the preparation is minimal and the presentation is absolutely adorable.
Sometimes I have no motivation to cook “fancy” unless I know I am also cooking for others. This recipe is easy enough to pull off on a lazy Saturday morning and could easily offer a mid-week break away from oatmeal.
Salt and Pepper to taste
Green onions (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Split your avocado and use whichever side is bigger.
3. Spoon out 2-3 tbs of the avocado. Make it hollow enough to avoid running the egg over the sides.
4. Create an aluminum foil bowl to nestle your avocado into. (You can also steady your avocado by placing it in a muffin pan.)
5. Crack the egg into a cup first. Then gently pour it into the hole of your avocado. (You may also want to use a spoon to fit the yolk in first, and then slowly pour the rest.)
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before placing in oven for 15 mins.
* Note: I like my eggs a little runny so after ten minutes, keep an eye on it to ensure the white part is cooked thoroughly without overcooking the yolk.
And Voila! You’re done.
It’s as simple as scoop, crack, bake & enjoy.
The creaminess of the avocado paired with the savory flavor of the egg make this playful dish delicious and nutritious.
It’s also a super easy way to prepare a cute breakfast, even if its just for a table of one.